Ally of Loveleaf Co is back with an incredible late summer recipe using seasonal zucchinis. Of course you can find zucchini year round, so serve these plant forward tacos up anytime. Full recipe is below.
Zucchini Tacos with
Chipotle Collagen Tahini Crema
- 2 cups slivered purple cabbage
- Juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch sticks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
CHIPOTLE COLLAGEN TAHINI CREMA
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup Telos Collagen Peptides
- ¼ cup warm water, plus more as needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 chipotle chili (from can in adobo sauce) + optional 1–2 tablespoons chipotle adobo sauce, depending on heat preference
8–12 (6-inch) tortillas
crumbled feta, queso fresco, or goat cheese, optional
fresh cilantro leaves, jalapeño slices, hot sauce, and sliced lime, for garnish, optional
- Prepare the slaw. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the lime juice and a big pinch of salt and set aside.
- Cook the zucchini. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the zucchini, garlic, and jalapeño. Give a quick stir and then cook undisturbed for 1 minute. Season with salt and stir again. Cook for another minute or so until the zucchini is browned and tender.
- Make the chipotle collagen tahini crema. To a blender, add the tahini, collagen peptides, water, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, and the chipotle chili (plus optional adobo sauce) and blend until smooth and creamy (you will likely need to add at least ¼ cup more water - you want it to be a thick but just pourable consistency).
Assemble the tacos. Warm the tortillas in the microwave or place a dry skillet over high heat and heat each tortilla individually, about 20 seconds on each side. Cover the warmed tortillas with a cloth napkin. When all the tortillas are heated, place the cooked zucchini and cabbage slaw on the warm tortillas. Drizzle with chipotle tahini crema and garnish with cheese (if using), cilantro leaves, jalapeño slices. Serve with sliced lime for squeezing and extra chipotle collagen tahini crema on the side.
The chipotle collagen tahini crema will thicken quite a bit in the fridge. To get back to the correct consistency, simply stir in some water, a few teaspoons at a time.
If you make these delish tacos tag @telosfoods and @loveleafco!