Oatmeal has this ability to connect to our emotions like few other foods. Whether it is reminiscing from our formative years of grandma stirring the pot with all of her love, or your go-to, can’t miss bowl pre-race or workout, oatmeal threads itself through the memorable moments of our lives.
As a grandmother and coach who has been blessed with fostering athletes throughout my life I’m a huge proponent of the power and benefits of oatmeal. However, like most foods in our culture they are easily stripped of their nutrition, and what ends up being consumed looks more like a dessert.
Last fall I had the opportunity to speak about nutrition at Kara Goucher’s Podium Retreat here in Boulder. I spoke about how to maximize nutrient density into our favorite foods, specifically with collagen protein and healthy fats. In working with Kara I learned about her morning “oatmeal ceremony” which fuels her daily training and family life. Adding the Telos Collagen Booster was the final piece for her in what I would say is a perfect bowl of oatmeal for your body and your soul.
Enjoy this Telos x Kara breakfast (which is grandma, nutritionist, and coach approved)!
Kara Goucher “Olympian Approved” Telos Oatmeal Recipe
- Bring 1 cup water (or nut milk) and a pinch of sea salt to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in ½ cup oats and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add one packet of Telos Original Booster and fold into the oats.
- When the Booster and oats are blended cover and let stand until desired creaminess (2 to 5 minutes).
- Once the oats are done add blueberries while still on the stovetop to warm them up.