We were so thrilled to be introduced to Ally, aka Loveleaf Co, earlier this year. She is on a mission to help people "reclaim control in the kitchen". Her wholistic approach helps you declutter your kitchen, upgrade what you're fueling your body with, AND to keep it up by simple step-by-step guides to make easy, healthy, delish meals. She has so many free resources, do you check her site out.
But most of all, we're excited to share an exclusive Loveleaf Co recipe using Telos Collagen with you! Lemon Collagen Energy Bites. Zing a ding ding, it's spring!
Lemon Collagen Energy Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats, plus more if needed
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup Telos Vanilla Collagen Booster
- zest of one large lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- extra shredded coconut for rolling, optional
- Place all ingredients, except the extra coconut, in a food processor and process until the mixture becomes crumbly and a bit sticky. Process with more oats (add 1 tablespoon at a time) if the mixture is too wet to roll with your hands (see notes).
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 16 balls. Roll the balls in the extra shredded coconut, if using, and place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
The mixture should be sticky, but not too wet that it cannot be rolled with your hands. The energy bites will firm up in the fridge or freezer.