Move with the season, eat with the season. Who doesn't crave warm, creamy comfort foods during the cold winter months? There's a good reason why! Warmth. Warm root veggies, gourds, mushrooms and other in season veggies all generate more heat than other veggies as your body digests them.
Don't fight nature, roll with it. And oh my gourd, you're going to love this dreamy creamy Mac & Cheese & Collagen. Comforting, easy to make, dairy-free and gluten free.
You'll notice that this recipe's star is pumpkin! Gourds like pumpkin are in season during fall and winter because nature is intelligent! Whether you bake your own or use canned pumpkin, you'll be fueling your body with high levels of immune boosting antioxidants including vitamin C and betacarotene which work together to keep your immune cells in optimal fighting shape! Plus pumpkin contains minerals (iron and copper) to improve circulation, omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation and even 7g of protein!
Comfort food that fuels your body and purpose! And don't forget to add to scoops of our versatile Collagen Peptides to for a powerful boost to your joint, bone, nail, hair, skin,... full body health and energy. Plus, just like all Telos products both recipes are dairy, gluten, and (added) sugar free!
DREAMY CREAMY MAC & CHEESE & COLLAGEN | DAIRY FREE
- 2 c pumpkin
- 4 - 5 tbs nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c cashews
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c non-dairy milk
- 2 scoops Telos Collagen Peptides
- 2 tbs arrowroot starch
- Gluten free pasta (or pasta of choice)
- Red pepper flakes, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice (all optional, mix and match and see what you like!)
- Throw all ingredients EXCEPT pasta into a high speed blender and blend until creamy.
- While you're doing this, boil water and throw pasta in.
- Once ingredients are blended until completely creamy, pour into a high rimmed sauce pan or skillet and whisk while it gets gooey (about 4 minutes) on medium heat.
- Add the pasta to the skillet (see: high rimmed) and fold and stir until it's all covered in your dairy free cheesy goodness.
- Serve with red pepper flakes, sage, sprinkle of salt or even cinnamon.
Enjoy! Perfect as leftovers for 3 or 4 days in the fridge.